Tuesday, January 6, 2009

OMG Pasta!!

This is OMG Pasta

There is no other name for it.
(Spaghetti-Soto)

There are some secrets to this so pay attention.

-3 tbs butter
-3-4 cloves garlic
-1 small  onion diced
-1/2 cup white wine
-Parmesan cheese
-4 cups of broth (I use bouillon cubes)
-1 pound broken spaghetti broken into small pieces

In a small sauce pan heat up broth.  Saute onion and garlic in butter.  Add uncooked pasta.  Brown.  Add wine until and allow pasta to soak it up.  When it is gone start adding warm broth. Allowing pasta to soak it up.... so add a cup and wait, then add another until desired tenderness.
Add cheese to taste, I just added maybe 1/4 cup.

Enjoy.


I was watching Rachael Ray this morning as she was making Nutty Broken Spaghetti-Soto.

I thought it sounded intriguing. 
I just don't like mushrooms, sage, or Gorgonzola.  That and I am allergic to walnuts.
Other than that it sounded yummy.
It was!!

I think next time I will add roasted pecans or garbanzo beans (I love garbanzo beans)

****update****

I got a lot of emails about my wine and budget.... 
for those who don't have walmart...
click here
for my northern friends it is walmart's answer to two buck chuck!!


ALSO:
found this chicken artichoke sausage from walmart...
tastes yummy!!!!

This is what will be for dinner once a week... it is that good!!!