Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole



This is a real easy peasy solution to chicken cordon bleu....
It served 6 adults
I like making it this way because it seems like I have to make less to feed more....
I know that I never finish a whole breast when I make it the normal way.

3-4 chicken breasts cubed
1 egg
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups bread crumbs
paprika
garlic salt
Parmesan cheese
8 oz swiss cheese ( I used sliced)
8 slices of ham (lunch meat ham dice it up)
1 can cream of something soup (I used chicken)
1 cup of milk

Preheat oven to 350

In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of milk and egg.
In a second bowl combine breadcrumbs with garlic salt, paprika, and Parmesan cheese.
I didn't put measurements because I do this to taste...I like it strong.

Take cubed chicken dip in egg mixture and then dip in bread mixture.

Brown chicken in skillet just until outside is crispy.

Spread upon bottom of casserole pan.

Place cheese slices over chicken.
Top with ham.

Combine 1 cup of milk with can of soup then pour over the top.

I put some blanched asparagus on top... extra yum.

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.